Join us for an audio replay of a webinar Q&A-style conversation with practical information about current community sentiment and how to adapt your approach to engagement in the COVID-19 environment.
Our panel shared tips and insights on:
- Community sentiment right now and what people are thinking and feeling.
- How to work with people with heightened anxiety.
- Social distancing versus social isolation – how are people coping?
- What do we say once we reach our audience?
- Adjusting the messaging, tone and language.
- What about the timing, do we need to adjust?
- Breaking down barriers and building trust in communities, we are in this together!
- The role of engagers in connecting communities.
Stu Reeve – Managing Director, Micromex Research & Consulting
- Louise Mitchell – National Consultant Disaster Recovery Social Recovery Reference Group (SRRG) C- Emergency Management Branch Department of Health and Human Services
- Chloe Groser – NZTA Practice Manager Engagement and Communications at NZ Transport Agency
Moderated by Kylie Cochrane, Director – IAP2 Australasia; Chair – IAP2 International and Managing Principal, Communication & Stakeholder Engagement – Australia and New Zealand, Aurecon
This webinar was recorded on 9 April, 2020.
IAP2 members can view the video replay for free. Log in to the IAP2 Australasia website to access the replay.
Leading the national conversation on authentic community and stakeholder engagement.
IAP2 Australasia is proud to be recognised as an affiliate of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
We are a member association incorporating individuals, governments, institutions and other entities that affect the public interest throughout the world.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our aim is to advance the education of the community by teaching and communicating the principles of public participation and how to achieve effective community and stakeholder engagement.
Find out more about IAP2 Australasia, including training, membership, events and other resources, visit https://iap2.org.au/